The next time you receive a phone call from a recruiter, do yourself a favor and listen.
Even if you have not been thinking about making a job change.
Because most of us that are employed should be keeping our eyes and open for good opportunities. When opportunity knocks, shouldn’t you at least….listen?
Of course you should, for many reasons:
- You can establish a relationship with a professional recruiter for the future.
- You can re-affirm the nature of your current position and if it still aligns with your abilities.
- You can find out if your compensation is in line with others in your line of work.
- You can learn the strategies and trends of other companies in your line of work.
- You just might discover an opportunity that had never even been on your radar.
This is not to say that you should ever waste the time of a professional recruiter.
Though a professional recruiter would never let that happen.
The next time you receive a call from a recruiter, why not find out as much as possible about an opportunity that is presented?
You just might find out that your current job is stale and perhaps you are being underpaid.
The idea is to keep an open mind……..if only to assure yourself that your current job and career path is still valid. Job complacency and being too comfortable can often be detrimental to your career.
In closing, it is important to be aware that the grass is pretty green right where you are but sometimes that very grass can easily become quick sand.